Notes for Jan. 26
Issues with using the internet at school
- Inappropriate materials
- The Teach Act
What are ways to deal with these issues? How do you think they might come up in your own field?
Course Management articles:
- Integration issues–connecting to external resources
- “He envisions a future where there is a series of core services that work together but are not necessarily wrapped into a single software program.”
- Patent/Lawsuit update–Monopoly?
- The neutrality or not of technology–gun analogy
- Adoption of technology as a top-down directive
- Being led by the interface–both good and bad
- Pedagogy first!
Quality Matters & Blackboard Exemplary Course Rubric
Looking at some systems:
Try to follow the rubrics to begin creating a course in Moodle. We’ll be looking at other tools tomorrow.
No responses yet